MSc. Degree in International Economics offered by the Department of Economics, Management and Statistics (DEMS) at the University of Milano-Bicocca is a two-year study program that provides advanced knowledge and analytical skills as required to address complex situations involving economic, institutional and managerial issues. Students attend advanced courses in macroeconomics, microeconomics, econometrics and have access to a wide range of electives: European Studies, Game theory, Industrial organization, International Financial Markets, Labour economics.
The program includes courses in management, corporate finance, business strategy as well as European and international contract law, competition law and employment law. Internships and time spent abroad are an essential feature of the program.
The call for application is now open
From April 6th and to September 14th 2021 (2 p.m. CET).
International Economics is a free access degree course with:
20 places reserved for non-EU citizens (visa applicants).
How to apply
- Read carefully the call for application page.
- The applications for admission must be presented online at the web site of the University of Milano-Bicocca Online Student Registry (click MENU on top-right of the page for the English version – ENG).
- Citizens of non-EU countries applying for a visa to enter Italy are obliged to submit a visa application through the ministerial portal Universitaly under the heading “International students”.
To be eligible for admission, candidates are required to have earned:
1) A foreign degree or expected to earn by December 23rd 2021;
2) One of the following certificates: BEC Vantage; BEC Higher; CAE; City&Guilds Pitman Qualifications; CPE; FCE; Academic IELTS; ETS-TOEFL; ETS-TOIEC (except candidates whose previous degree has been taught in English). All candidates have to take an interview
Supporting documents to be sumbitted
During the registration process, applicants are required to enter the following documents:
1) Upload valid ID document (Identity card or passport);
2) ID photo in digital format (bitmap or jpeg) with a resolution of at least 300x400 pixel;
3) Upload of your titles, as indicated below.
Supporting documents to be submitted at the application form:
1. University degree achieved in a foreign University;
2. Transcript of records, awarded by the University, detailing exams passed and marks;
3. If available, detailed program (syllabus) for each course;
4. Translation of documents listed at 1-2-3 in Italian or in English if issued in a different language from Italian, English, Spanish or French;
5. Certificate of equivalence of qualification (Dichiarazione di valore in loco), issued by the relevant Italian Embassy or Consulate. This is a document that provides information about the Educational System in your Country and compares the qualification level with the Italian Educational System. As an alternative to the "Dichiarazione di Valore in loco", students can submit the DIPLOMA SUPPLEMENT, if issued by the university that issued the degree, or other declaration or certification issued by a foreign official authority or by a ENIC-NARIC center (in Italy you can check the CIMEA website );
6. Evidence of proficiency in English (candidates have to upload an English Language Certificate or a declaration that their previous degree was taught in English);
7. curriculum vitae et studiorum.
Documents from 1-2-3-4-6-7 MUST be uploaded in Online Student Registry during the application process; the document at point 5, if not available at the application date, must be handed in to the Welcome Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) up to December 15th 2021.
– Stage 1: Assessment of documentation
- Stage 2: online interview
The Online Student Registry will assign the first available date for the online Individual interview:
- May 7th 2021, 9 a.m. CET
- June 7th 2021, 2 p.m. CET
- July 1st 2021, 9 a.m. CET
- July 23rd 2021, 2 p.m. CET
- September 6th 2021, 9 a.m. CET
- September 17th 2021, 2 p.m. CET
- September 20th 2021, 9 p.m. CET
- September 21st 2021, 2 p.m. CET
April 6th and to September 14th 2021 - Application phase:
From May 7th to 21 September 2021 - Individual Interview;
The program trains students for a career as applied economists in the private sector as well as in government and international organizations. Our alumni are working as junior economists, business analysts, policy advisors and researchers in large companies, financial institutions, government and international organizations.
The program also provides a strong foundation for undertaking doctoral studies. Our alumni apply successfully to Italian and International doctorate programs.
Min. 3 years Bachelor Degree in economics or related fields from an accredited college/university or its equivalent.
Language Certification: Certificate of proficiency in English corresponding to min. B2 level, issued by recognized institutions.
Admission procedures vary according to the student’s nationality and place of residence.
Check the information for A.Y. 2020/2021:
The University of Milano - Bicocca makes available accommodation for international students. To book accommodation and learn about the costs and terms of your stay you can write to: email@example.com The University of Milano-Bicocca also offers scholarships to cover accommodation and living costs. For terms of application please consult our tax page .
Please note: the University of Milan-Bicocca reserves some places within its residence for international students enrolled in international programmes. Places are reserved by May 15th and are subject to limitations and availability.