Research ERC Domains
Established in 2007, the ERC (European Research Council) operates independently guaranteed by the European Commission. The Scientific Council, the ERC's governing body, defines the scientific funding strategy and methodologies. It acts on behalf of the scientific community in Europe to promote creativity and innovative research.
The main objective of the ERC is to support excellence, enhancing the dynamism and creativity of "frontier" European research, geared towards achieving fundamental advances in knowledge.
The projects are funded on the basis of the project ideas presented by researchers, in any field of science.
The ERC's mission is to encourage the highest quality research in Europe through competitive funding and to support investigator-driven frontier research across all fields, on the basis of scientific excellence.
The ERC aims to:
- Support the best of the best in Europe across all fields of science, scholarship and engineering
- Promote wholly investigator-driven, or 'bottom-up' frontier research
- Encourage the work of the established and next generation of independent top research leaders in Europe
- Reward innovative proposals by placing emphasis on the quality of the idea rather than the research area
- Raise the status and visibility of European frontier research and the very best researchers of today and tomorrow
All about ERC funding here: https://erc.europa.eu/
The University of Milano – Bicocca’s research domains are: