Immigration procedures may be considered as a difficult process, but you just have to follow the instructions you will find below in order to avoid any complications. If you have any doubt, do not hesitate to check the FAQ at the bottom of the page and in case of not finding an answer to your question contact us through: [email protected]t
Once you have submitted your admission application through our platform “Segreterie Online”, passed the language test (not if you are exempted) and submitted the pre-enrollment application on Universitaly, you can proceed with the visa application as follows:
- Verify if you will need a visa and check which documents will be requested to present
- Make an appointment with the Italian Embassy directly, respecting their procedures and timing. We recommend you check all details in advance so you can book an appointment on time.
- Bring all the necessary documents required by the embassy for the visa procedure. Remember to ask the embassy to stamp the receipt of the pre- enrollment application validated by our university. This will be requested upon your arrival by the Milan Immigration Office for your permit of stay.
- As soon as you receive your visa, send a copy of it to [email protected] . Remember that the visa is part of the required documents in order to complete your registration. Even if you don’t arrive in Italy immediately, you must send us a copy as soon as possible in order to complete your registration.
- Within the first 8 days upon your arrival (or from the end of your quarantine period if needed), you will have to pick up the permit of stay kit from our offices, complete the form and send the kit with all requested documents by post to the competent Immigration office. We will give you a kit, a receipt for registered mail and a copy of the instructions for completing it. The kit and the receipt you will receive will already be filled in with some specific information. Check this page to find out how to do or request some of the documents required for the first appointment (tax code, health insurance and proof of residence).
- You will receive an appointment at the immigration office in via Montebello at a dedicated counter. It is important that on the day of this appointment you already have a permanent home.
- You will need to bring all the documents listed in the kit to the appointment with you plus: the Universitaly receipt validated by our universitym your acceptance letter endorsed (stamped and signed) by the embassy where you got your visa and a document certifying your definitive residence (declaration of hospitality from the accommodation facility, rental contact signed by you, etc.)
- The permit of stay will always be delivered to the Immigration Office in Via Montebello. You will be notified via an SMS or a registered letter generated by the Italian Post Office.
- The collection of the document will always take place at the headquarters of the Immigration Office in via Montebello but there will not be a dedicated counter as for the appointment.
Remember that the residence permit is mandatory and essential do stay in Italy.
Please check all the needed information, how to fill in the kit and what is the exact process for the permit of stay in the following guide:
- You will need to collect the permit of stay kit from one of the post offices that have an “Sportello Amico”.
- Remember that in order to renew your permit of stay you will need to present a certificate that certifies that you have passed at least one exam for the first renewal and two for the following ones, except in cases of force majeure.
- You can request the certificate from the career management office as indicated here. The Immigration Office does not accept self-certificates.
- Check all the requirements of the link of the “Polizia di Stato”