EU students or students living in Italy with foreign diploma

Remember that in Italy it is possible to enrol in a University only after receiving your high school diploma following at least 12 years of education; the diploma should allow the holders to apply for  enrolment to universities in the same country where the diploma is achieved.

If you are an EU citizen, or legally treated as such*, or a citizen from outside the EU but already resident in Italy** you should:

  1. follow the online registration procedure shown in your degree course pages. 
  2. Upload the documents relating to your foreign diploma in the “segreterie on line”. 

If you need to register for a closed number degree course, carefully check the entry competition instructions.
REMEMBER: for enrolment in courses where access is limited, first you must register for the entry test. Moreover, for some courses where access is not limited, an obligatory Test of initial preparation (VPI) is nevertheless held. Please read carefully the instructions given in your degree course pages

Candidates for the School of Medicine and Surgery (program in English) must follow the same rules for elegibility, but registration procedure for IMAT (International Medical Admissions Test)  must be checked on the IMAT official website. All information about the School of Medicine and Surgery (program in English) can be found at the specific degree course page

* The citizens of Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and the Republic of San Marino will be treated as Community citizens. Likewise refugees and holders of subsidiary protection, as well as the staff working in diplomatic missions abroad and in accredited international agencies based in Italy, accredited by the Italian state or the Holy See, and their dependents (spouses and children only)

** Non-EU citizens who hold a permit of stay or residence permit for dependent employment, self employment, family reasons, political asylum, humanitarian asylum, religious reasons, or the foreigners legally resident for at least one year in possession of a High school diploma obtained in Italy, as well as foreigners, wherever resident, who are holders of diplomas from Italian schools abroad or foreign or international schools, operating in Italy and abroad, subject to bilateral agreements or special regulations for the recognition of qualifications and which meet the conditions required for admission to study.

Documents required for the enrolment with a foreign diploma

The front desk is the "welcome desk" in building U17, piazza Difesa per le Donne, Milan (Italy). At the entrance, you must take a number by clicking the "welcome desk"button on the touch screen. Then wait to be called.

For information and appointment bookings please write to:

[email protected]

The reception in attendance is scheduled on Wednesday, from 9:30 to 12:30 - counter 11 Ed. U17 - IPAZIA (by appointment)

The reception by videoconference is scheduled on Friday, from 9:30 to 12:30 (by appointment)

You can also visit Italian Education Ministry Website.