Applied Experimental Psychological Sciences (AEPS)
MSc. Degree in Applied Experimental Psychological Sciences (AEPS) offered by the Department of Psychology at the University of Milano-Bicocca is a new innovative two-year study program that focuses on the application of advanced knowledge in psychological sciences to address relevant human needs and tackle diverse issues in a range of contexts and domains.
The goal of the program is to teach cutting-edge perspectives on the cognitive, social, emotional, and neural processes underlying human thought, behavior, language, knowledge, and decision-making. The program will help AEPS graduates acquire advanced theoretical and empirical knowledge, strong transferable methodologicalresearch skills, with a specific focus on application of these skills , combining flexibility (e.g., the methodological research skills can be applied to a wide range of contexts) and specificity (e.g., they are applied to a specific issue during the course).
The call for application is now closed
From 15 March to 30 April 2021 (12:00 noon – Italian time)
45 reserved for candidates who are Italian citizens, European citizens or non-EU citizens legally residing in Italy (Art. 26 Law 189/2002);
15 reserved for non-EU citizens (visa applicants).
How to apply
- Read carefully the call for application page.
- Submit a pre-enrolment application on the University of Milano-Bicocca “Online Student Registry” platform; please, read carefully the Instruction to Pre enrollment. Please note that admission procedures vary according to the student’s nationality and place of residence.
- Citizens of non-EU countries applying for a visa to enter Italy are obliged to submit a visa application through the ministerial portal Universitaly under the heading “International students”.
Supporting documents to be sumbitted
- scanned valid identity document
- passport photo in digital format
- curriculum vitae written in Italian or English
- motivational letter in Italian or English
- certification attesting to the student’s knowledge of the English language of at least level B2
Only for graduated/graduands candidates from foreign Universities
- academic qualifications in Italian or English, if already obtained. (Students enrolled in a Degree Course who plan to graduate prior to and no later than 31 October 2021 can register under conditional admission)
- Transcript of Records in Italian or English
- certificate of equivalence of qualification
- letter(s) of recommendation (with a maximum of 2 letters) in Italian or English
- a detailed description in Italian or in English of the Syllabus in each subject of the Degree Course attended
Students are admitted to the Master’s Degree Course in Applied Experimental Psychological Sciences on the basis of a ranking drawn up according to the following criteria:
- Curriculum of studies (up to 60 points)
- Assessable qualifications (up to 40 points)
- 1 additional point for English language assessed qualification.
- The Committee reserves the right to conduct an interview to assess a candidate’s skills to be conducted remotely.
- From March 15th to April 30th 2021 (12:00 noon – Italian time) =
a) Pre-enrolment at the University of Milano-Bicocca portal;
b) (For non-EU candidates requiring a visa to enter Italy) Registration on the Universitaly portal
- by 24 May 2021= Publication of rankings and the list of those rejected on the website of the University of Milano-Bicocca;
- from 25 June to 9 July 2021 (12.00 noon – Italian time) = Registration and payment of the first fee instalment;
- 16 July 2021= Notice of Re-Opening of the ranking list on https://www.unimib.it;
- from 16 to 23 July 2021 (12.00 noon – Italian time) = Registration and payment of the first fee instalment for re- opening .
The expertise gained through the program will open a range of career paths for our graduates to pursue careers both nationally and internationally, across academia as well as private and public sector. The program also provides a foundation for undertaking doctoral studies
For more details, see the brochure.
Min. 3 years Bachelor Degree from an accredited college/university or its equivalent English Certification: Certificate of proficiency in English corresponding to min. B2 level, issued by recognized institutions.
Admission procedures vary according to the student’s nationality and place of residence. For complete clarity concerning different pocedures, we invite those interested to consult our website. Since the procedure may take several weeks/months of processing, we highly recommend you to get in touch with the competent offices as soon as possible.
The University of Milano - Bicocca makes available accommodation for international students.To book accommodation and learn about the costs and terms of your stay you can write to: [email protected] The University of Milano-Bicocca also offers scholarships to cover accommodation and living costs. For terms of application please consult our tax page.