How to apply for a PhD Programme
The call for applications to PhD programmes a.y. 2021/2022 expired on June 16, 2021
Within the deadline set in the ranking list, candidates who have been admitted have to do the following
From the page https://s3w.si.unimib.it/ log in using the credentials obtained during the registration process.
- Click on Enrolment and choose Enrolment for scheduled access courses
- Select the course you want to enroll, and follow the procedure by filling out the required information
- Upload the form "Declaration for enrolment” duly completed and signed. You can download this form at this page https://www.unimib.it/didattica/dottorato-ricerca/carriera/modulistica-dottorandi
- Within the working day after the deadline for enrolment, pay the first installment using the PagoPA pre-completed payment slips, printable directly from the Payments page in the Reserved Area of “segreteria on line“.
Failure to complete the registration procedures within the deadline specified in the margin of the ranking, shall result in forfeiture of the right to access the program.
In case of renunciation of the scholarship before enrollment please contact email@example.com
Non-EU citizens NOT residing in Italy admitted to the Phd course will receive an admission letter in order to obtain the entry visa.
Within 60 days from enrolment, all students with foreign qualifications must submit the following documents at the Welcome Desk, Building U17 - Piazzetta Difesa per le donne, Milano (for opening hours consult the website)
- Statement of Local Validity (Dichiarazione di valore in loco) of the qualification, issued by the Italian Diplomatic Representation in the country of the reference educational system under which the qualification was issued. As an alternative to the above Statement of Local Validity, a Diploma Supplement in English may be submitted, issued by the same institution that issued the qualification, prepared in accordance with the model developed by the European Commission, the Council of Europe and UNESCO/CEPES, or the CIMEA statement of comparability.
- Copy of the entry visa for study/university reasons or a copy of the residence permit (only for non-EU citizens)
For information on foreign degrees and on registration procedures for foreign students, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Furthermore, if you are holder of a scholarship, you have to follow those steps:
1) Registration to INPS /(National Institute of Social Security) “Gestione Separata”
All PhD students fellowship holders must register with INPS for “Gestione separata dei Lavoratori Autonomi”, which is a compulsory social security fund. The University of Milano-Bicocca will register you for “Gestione separata dei Lavoratori Autonomi”, but if you want to register by your own (so that you can see all your deposit on the INPS website), you can go to an INPS office to get a password (called pin) to log into INPS on line “Gestione Separata” and register. Alternatively, you can ask for the pin directly on the INPS website: you will need your personal tax code (codice fiscale), a mobile phone number and an email account. In the second case, the second half of your pin will be sent to your residence address in ten/fifteen days (only if you have registered your address in the Municipality office “ufficio anagrafe”) More information on “Gestione Separata” may be found on the INPS website: www.inps.it.
2) send the “Scholarship payment form”, available at this page https://www.unimib.it/didattica/dottorato-ricerca/carriera/modulistica-dottorandi to email@example.com
Remember: the scholarship holders have to pay the second instalment by 14 May 2021.
The second instalment, shall be defined on the basis of the economic conditions of the student’s family, as shown by the ISEE (Equivalent economic status indicator), up to a maximum of € 1.200,00.
For further information about ISEE, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or their frontdesk.
Concerning lodging, please write to email@example.com
Usefull information about entry visa, residence permit for study anf health insurance can be found at the following links
RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR STUDY:
Students attending the 37th, 36th and 35th cycles of a PhD programme and duly enrolled for the 2021/22 academic year may apply to be assigned one of the 50 rooms at preferential rates at the university hall of residence in Building U22, in Sesto San Giovanni.
Applicants must fill in the form below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org within the deadline indicated in the call.