How to apply for a PhD Programme
Ministerial Decree no. 1061 of 10 August 2021 assigns new ESF REACT-EU resources for active and accredited PhD programs within the XXXVII cycle.
The Decree provides for allocating funds for the activation of PhD scholarships on Innovation and Green themes.
The provision implements Action IV.4 - Doctorates and research contracts on green topics of the new axis IV of the PON Research and Innovation 2014-2020 "Education and research for recovery - REACT EU" provided for by the new reprogramming of the Program for the new thematic objective of cohesion policies "Promote overcoming the effects of the crisis in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and its social consequences and prepare a green, digital and resilient recovery of the economy" (EU Regulation 2020/2221 of European Parliament and Council of 23 December 2020)
With the resources assigned by Ministerial Decree 1061, the University of Milano-Bicocca will publish an ad hoc Notice in the form of an acknowledgement provision open to those eligible for the competition procedure underway but resulted excluded from the scholarship award.
The Notice offers 26 co-financed PhD scholarships, of which 23 are on Green issues and 3 on Innovation themes.
The doctoral program will last three years.
Release date: 5 October 2021
Deadline for submitting applications: 19 October 2021 at 12.00 (Italian time).
The call for applications to PhD programmes a.y. 2021/2022 expired on June 16, 2021
Within the deadline set in the ranking list, candidates who have been admitted have to do the following
From the page https://s3w.si.unimib.it/ log in using the credentials obtained during the registration process.
- Click on Enrolment and choose Enrolment for scheduled access courses
- Select the course you want to enroll, and follow the procedure by filling out the required information
- Upload the form "Declaration for enrolment” duly completed and signed. You can download this form at this page https://www.unimib.it/didattica/dottorato-ricerca/carriera/modulistica-dottorandi
- Within the working day after the deadline for enrolment, pay the first installment using the PagoPA pre-completed payment slips, printable directly from the Payments page in the Reserved Area of “segreteria on line“.
Failure to complete the registration procedures within the deadline specified in the margin of the ranking, shall result in forfeiture of the right to access the program.
In case of renunciation of the scholarship before enrollment please contact [email protected]
Non-EU citizens NOT residing in Italy admitted to the Phd programme will receive an admission letter in order to obtain the entry visa.
Within 60 days from enrolment, all students with foreign qualifications must submit the following documents at the Welcome Desk, Building U17 - Piazzetta Difesa per le donne, Milano (for opening hours consult the website)
- Statement of Local Validity (Dichiarazione di valore in loco) of the qualification, issued by the Italian Diplomatic Representation in the country of the reference educational system under which the qualification was issued. As an alternative to the above Statement of Local Validity, a Diploma Supplement in English may be submitted, issued by the same institution that issued the qualification, prepared in accordance with the model developed by the European Commission, the Council of Europe and UNESCO/CEPES, or the CIMEA statement of comparability.
- Copy of the entry visa for study/university reasons or a copy of the residence permit (only for non-EU citizens)
For information on foreign degrees and on registration procedures for foreign students, please contact [email protected]
Furthermore, if you are holder of a scholarship, you have to send the “Scholarship payment form”, available at this page https://www.unimib.it/didattica/dottorato-ricerca/carriera/modulistica-dottorandi to [email protected]
Remember: the scholarship holders have to pay the second instalment by 16 May 2022.
The second instalment, shall be defined on the basis of the economic conditions of the student’s family, as shown by the ISEE (Equivalent economic status indicator), up to a maximum of € 1.200,00.
For further information about ISEE, please contact [email protected] or their frontdesk.
Usefull information about entry visa, residence permit for study and health insurance can be found at the following links
Students attending the 37th, 36th and 35th cycles of a PhD programme and duly enrolled for the 2021/22 academic year may apply to be assigned one of the 50 rooms at preferential rates at the university hall of residence in Building U22, in Sesto San Giovanni.
Applicants must fill in the form below and send it to [email protected] within the deadline indicated in the call.