Procedure for requesting the opinion of the Ethics Committee
The Committee has prepared two types of opinion request forms - one for experiments involving humans or human biological material and another for experiments involving other living beings/animals;
Opinion request form for experimentation on human beings or studies involving human biological material
Opinion request form for experimentation on living beings/animals
Step 2: Frameworks for informed consent/consent to participate in research
For research projects involving human beings, the Ethics Committee has produced a number of frameworks designed to help the Principal Investigator in producing “Informed consent to participate in research” documentation. The frameworks have been produced based on European and Italian legislation and with consideration to the current ethics and legal debates around relevant matters. This means that the frameworks comply with the ethical and legal requirements, something that has been verified by the Ethics Committee itself. They must be used as a base/model upon which to produce the informed consent document for individual research projects.
In accordance with the University's Data Protection Officer (RPD), the Ethics Committee has also produced a number of forms designed to assist with obtaining authorisation for personal data processing for scientific purposes.
In addition to the above forms and frameworks, the online form requires applicants to upload additional attachments (all points indicated in the form refer to the field of research in question).
The online form must include the following attachments:
- Completed opinion request form;
- Principal Investigator CV (only if external to UNIMIB);
- CVs of other participating researchers (only if external to UNIMIB);
- Copy of information flyer or letter and invitation to participate in research;
- Letter of authorisation from relevant bodies for access to data or involvement of participants;
- Signed declaration by the head of the facility in which the research is to take place;
- Comprehensive insurance contract;
- Consent information and declarations (frameworks);
- Personal data processing information and authorisation (forms).
Fill out the online form:
Notification of compilation of the online form is sent:
- to the applicant;
- to the Ethics Committee;
- to the Protocol Office.
By compiling the form online, applicants do not need to send the file electronically to the Ethics Committee or present a paper copy to the Protocol Office.
For more information and support on placing an opinion request, please write to us at: email@example.com
Ms Barbara Facciotto – Tel. 02 6448 6581
Supervisor: Ms Emanuela Mazzotta – Tel. 02 6448 6437
Institutional Affairs and Communications Department
Regulations, Bodies and Elections Office
Building U6, fourth floor
Piazza dell'Ateneo Nuovo 1, Milan