PALMONARI MATTEO LUIGI
- U14, Floor: 2, Room: 2021
In 2017, I have qualified to become Associate Professor in Computer Science and Computer Engineering (Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale for sectors 01/B1 – Informatica and 09/H1 – Sistemi di Elaborazione delle Informazioni).
In 2006, I have obtained a PhD with a thesis on commonsense spatial reasoning for pervasive computing applications.
I work with the INSID&S Lab – INteraction and Semantics for Innovation with Data & Services. I have also established a long-term collaboration with the ADVIS Lab of the University of Illinois at Chicago, directed by Prof. Isabel F. Cruz, where I have been visiting scholar, and with the MIND Lab at DISCo.
I am general coordinator of the European H2020 innovation project EW-Shopp - Supporting Event and Weather-based Data Analytics and Marketing along the Shopper Journey H2020, coordinator for UNIMIB in the European H2020 project EuBusinessGraph: Enabling the European Business Graph for Innovative Data Product and Services, and member of the Steering Committee of the Big Data Value eCosystem.
Massri, B., Spahiu, B., Grobelnik, M., Alexiev, V., Palmonari, M., Roman, D. (2023). Towards InnoGraph: A Knowledge Graph for AI Innovation. In ACM Web Conference 2023 - Companion of the World Wide Web Conference, WWW 2023 (pp.843-849). Association for Computing Machinery, Inc [10.1145/3543873.3587614]. Detail
Spahiu, B., Palmonari, M., Alva Principe, R., Rula, A. (2023). Understanding the structure of knowledge graphs with ABSTAT profiles. SEMANTIC WEB, 1-27 [10.3233/SW-223181]. Detail
Ciavotta, M., Cutrona, V., De Paoli, F., Nikolov, N., Palmonari, M., Roman, D. (2022). Supporting Semantic Data Enrichment at Scale. In E. Curry, S. Auer, A.J. Berre, A. Metzger, M.S. Perez, S. Zillner (a cura di), Technologies and Applications for Big Data Value (pp. 19-39). Cham : Springer [10.1007/978-3-030-78307-5_2]. Detail
Pozzi, R., Moiraghi Motta, F., Lodi, F., Palmonari, M. (2022). Evaluation of Incremental Entity Extraction with Background Knowledge and Entity Linking. In IJCKG '22: Proceedings of the 11th International Joint Conference on Knowledge Graphs (pp.30-38). New York, NY : Association for Computing Machinery [10.1145/3579051.3579063]. Detail
Avogadro, R., Cremaschi, M., D'Adda, F., De Paoli, F., Palmonari, M. (2022). LamAPI: A Comprehensive Tool for String-based Entity Retrieval with Type-base Filters. In 17th International Workshop on Ontology Matching, OM 2022 (pp.25-36). CEUR-WS. Detail
- Best Research Paper Award at the 9th Workshop on Ontology Design and Patterns (WOP2018, co-located with ISWC 2018), WOP Program Chairs, 2018
- Best paper award at the SumPre 2016 workshop, co-located ESWC 2016, SumPre2016 Program Committee (Andreas Thalhammer, KIT; Gong Cheng, Nanjing University; Kalpa Gunaratna, Wright State University), 2016
- Best Paper Award "International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Information Retrieval KDIR", INSTICC, 2015
- Best student paper award ESWC 2014, 11th Extended Semantic Web Conference, 2014
Research and teaching assignments
- Visiting Researcher - Conducting research on ontology matching and geospatial data integration - University of Illinois at Chicago, 2014
- Visiting Researcher - Conducting research on ontology matching methods, with supervision of students in the ADVIS Lab - University of Illinois at Chicago, 2010 - 2011
- Titolare di contratto di ricerca - Within the project InterTwino: Building competence in data enrichment for artificial intelligence, funded by the Bulgarian the Ministry of Education and Science. Tasks: Capacity building, Dissemination. Topics: semantic data enrichment for smart cities - Sofia University - St. Kliment Ohridski, 2021 - 2022
- Titolare di contratto di ricerca - Consulting work on geospatial data integration, including also the supervision of graduate students working on the topic - University of Illinois at Chicago, 2014 - 2015
- Titolare di contratto di ricerca - Within the project InterTwino: Building competence in data enrichment for artificial intelligence, funded by the Bulgarian the Ministry of Education and Science. Tasks: Capacity building, Dissemination. Topics: semantic data enrichment for smart cities - Sofia University - St. Kliment Ohridski, 2022 - 2023