Giuseppe Carrà is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry at University of Milan Bicocca and a Research Associate at the Division of Psychiatry, University College of London, where he has been working with his mentors Paul Bebbington and Sonia Johnson.
Giuseppe extensively researched in the mental health field in the last 25 years, with particular focus on Clinical, Biological and Digital phenotypes of severe mental disorders across several methods and projects.
Author of over 200 papers in scientific, peer-reviewed journals, Giuseppe co-edited the first (2015) and the second (2020) edition of the “Textbook of Addiction Treatment: International Perspectives”, Springer-Nature Publisher.
Clinically he works as the Medical Director of a large Mental Health and Addiction Department in Milan (I).
Cavaleri, D., Bartoli, F., Capogrosso, C., Guzzi, P., Moretti, F., Riboldi, I., et al. (2023). Blood concentrations of neopterin and biopterin in subjects with depression: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PROGRESS IN NEURO-PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY & BIOLOGICAL PSYCHIATRY, 120(10 January 2023) [10.1016/j.pnpbp.2022.110633]. Detail
Moffa, G., Kuipers, J., Carra, G., Crocamo, C., Kuipers, E., Angermeyer, M., et al. (2023). Longitudinal symptomatic interactions in long-standing schizophrenia: A novel five-point analysis based on directed acyclic graphs. PSYCHOLOGICAL MEDICINE, 53(4), 1371-1378 [10.1017/S0033291721002920]. Detail
Ostuzzi, G., Tedeschi, F., Bertolini, F., Cotugno, C., Aguglia, A., Bartoli, F., et al. (2023). Clinical trajectories of individuals with severe mental illness continuing and discontinuing long-acting antipsychotics: a one-year mirror-image analysis from the STAR Network Depot study. NPJ SCHIZOPHRENIA, 9(1) [10.1038/s41537-023-00342-3]. Detail
Cavaleri, D., Moretti, F., Bartoccetti, A., Mauro, S., Crocamo, C., Carrà, G., et al. (2023). The role of BDNF in major depressive disorder, related clinical features, and antidepressant treatment: Insight from meta-analyses. NEUROSCIENCE AND BIOBEHAVIORAL REVIEWS, 149(June 2023) [10.1016/j.neubiorev.2023.105159]. Detail
Bartoli, F., Cavaleri, D., Nasti, C., Palpella, D., Guzzi, P., Riboldi, I., et al. (2023). Long-acting injectable antipsychotics for the treatment of bipolar disorder: evidence from mirror-image studies. THERAPEUTIC ADVANCES IN PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY, 13(January-December 2023) [10.1177/20451253231163682]. Detail
- Fondo per il finanziamento delle attività base di ricerca (FFABR), MIUR, 2017
- The European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA) 2017 scientific award, The European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA), 2017
- Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Academic-Year Scholarship, Rotary Foundation, 2003
- Castelli-Schubert Award from University of Milan for Family psychoeducational interventions in Schizophrenia, University of Milan, 1991
- Fellow - International Society Addiction Medicine, 2022
- Fellow - International Society of Addiction Medicine, 2016
- Direttore di rivista, collana editoriale, enciclopedia - , 2021
- Direttore di rivista, collana editoriale, enciclopedia - , 2012 - 2015
Research and teaching assignments
Ricercatore all estero - Research Fellow
Dept. Mental Health Sciences. UCL - Charles Bell House. 67-73 Riding House St. London. W1W 7EJ - University College London, 2004 - 2016
- Ricercatore all estero - Research Associate. Division of Psychiatry - University College London, 2016 - 2024
- Ricercatore universitario a t.d. - Università degli Studi di MILANO-BICOCCA, 2016 - 2019
- Program chair - The International Society of Addiction Medicine's (ISAM) 12th Annual Conference. Bridging the gap between science and practice in the addiction field, 2010