Giuseppe Carrà is a Professor of Psychiatry at University of Milan Bicocca and a Research Associate at the Division of Psychiatry, University College of London, where he has been working since early 2000s with his mentors Paul Bebbington and Sonia Johnson.
Giuseppe extensively researched in the mental health field in the last 25 years, with particular focus on Clinical, Biological and Digital phenotypes of severe mental disorders across several methods and projects.
Author of over 200 papers in scientific, peer-reviewed journals, Giuseppe co-edited the first (2015) and the second (2020) edition of the “Textbook of Addiction Treatment: International Perspectives”, Springer-Nature Publisher.
Clinically he works as the Medical Director of a large Mental Health and Addiction Department in Milan (I).
Appleton, J., Bekaert, S., Hucker, J., Zlatkute, G., Paavilainen, E., Schecke, H., et al. (2023). A Pan-European Review of Good Practices in Early Intervention Safeguarding Practice with Children, Young People and Families: Evidence Gathering to Inform a Multi-disciplinary Training Programme (the ERICA Project) in Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect in Seven European Countries. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL ON CHILD MALTREATMENT, 6(1), 119-130 [10.1007/s42448-022-00132-x]. Detail
Bartoli, F., Nasti, C., Palpella, D., Piacenti, S., Di Lella, M., Mauro, S., et al. (2023). Characterizing the clinical profile of mania without major depressive episodes: a systematic review and meta-analysis of factors associated with unipolar mania. PSYCHOLOGICAL MEDICINE, 1-10 [10.1017/S0033291723000831]. Detail
Cavaleri, D., Moretti, F., Bartoccetti, A., Mauro, S., Crocamo, C., Carrà, G., et al. (2023). The role of BDNF in major depressive disorder, related clinical features, and antidepressant treatment: Insight from meta-analyses. NEUROSCIENCE AND BIOBEHAVIORAL REVIEWS, 149(June 2023) [10.1016/j.neubiorev.2023.105159]. Detail
Riboldi, I., Capogrosso, C., Piacenti, S., Calabrese, A., Lucini Paioni, S., Bartoli, F., et al. (2023). Mental Health and COVID-19 in University Students: Findings from a Qualitative, Comparative Study in Italy and the UK. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH AND PUBLIC HEALTH, 20(5) [10.3390/ijerph20054071]. Detail
Bartoli, F., Bachi, B., Callovini, T., Palpella, D., Piacenti, S., Morreale, M., et al. (2023). Anxious distress in people with major depressive episodes: a cross-sectional analysis of clinical correlates. CNS SPECTRUMS, 1-5 [10.1017/S1092852923002377]. Detail
- Fondo per il finanziamento delle attività base di ricerca (FFABR), MIUR, 2017
- The European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA) 2017 scientific award, The European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA), 2017
- Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Academic-Year Scholarship, Rotary Foundation, 2003
- Castelli-Schubert Award from University of Milan for Family psychoeducational interventions in Schizophrenia, University of Milan, 1991
- Fellow - International Society Addiction Medicine, 2022
- Fellow - International Society of Addiction Medicine, 2016
- Direttore di rivista, collana editoriale, enciclopedia - , 2021
- Direttore di rivista, collana editoriale, enciclopedia - , 2012 - 2015
Research and teaching assignments
Ricercatore all estero - Research Fellow
Dept. Mental Health Sciences. UCL - Charles Bell House. 67-73 Riding House St. London. W1W 7EJ - University College London, 2004 - 2016
- Ricercatore all estero - Research Associate. Division of Psychiatry - University College London, 2016 - 2024
- Ricercatore universitario a t.d. - Università degli Studi di MILANO-BICOCCA, 2016 - 2019
- Program chair - The International Society of Addiction Medicine's (ISAM) 12th Annual Conference. Bridging the gap between science and practice in the addiction field, 2010