Giuseppe Carrà is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry at University of Milan Bicocca and a Research Associate at the Division of Psychiatry, University College of London, where he has been working with his mentors Paul Bebbington and Sonia Johnson.
Giuseppe extensively researched in the mental health field in the last 25 years, with particular focus on Clinical, Biological and Digital phenotypes of severe mental disorders across several methods and projects.
Author of over 200 papers in scientific, peer-reviewed journals, Giuseppe co-edited the first (2015) and the second (2020) edition of the “Textbook of Addiction Treatment: International Perspectives”, Springer-Nature Publisher.
Clinically he works as the Medical Director of a large Mental Health and Addiction Department in Milan (I).
Cavaleri, D., Bartoli, F., Capogrosso, C., Guzzi, P., Moretti, F., Riboldi, I., et al. (2023). Blood concentrations of neopterin and biopterin in subjects with depression: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PROGRESS IN NEURO-PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY & BIOLOGICAL PSYCHIATRY, 120(10 January 2023) [10.1016/j.pnpbp.2022.110633]. Detail
Riboldi, I., Cavaleri, D., Calabrese, A., Capogrosso, C., Piacenti, S., Bartoli, F., et al. (2022). Digital mental health interventions for anxiety and depressive symptoms in university students during the COVID-19 pandemic: A systematic review of randomized controlled trials
[Intervenciones digitales de salud mental para los síntomas ansiosos y depresivos en estudiantes universitarios durante la pandemia de COVID-19: una revisión sistemática de pruebas controladas aleatorizadas]. REVISTA DE PSIQUIATRÍA Y SALUD MENTAL [10.1016/j.rpsm.2022.04.005]. Detail
Johnson, S., Dalton‐locke, C., Baker, J., Hanlon, C., Salisbury, T., Fossey, M., et al. (2022). Acute psychiatric care: approaches to increasing the range of services and improving access and quality of care. WORLD PSYCHIATRY, 21(2 (June 2022)), 220-236 [10.1002/wps.20962]. Detail
Dell'Osso, B., Vigano, C., Conti, D., Scarpa, C., Casati, L., Albert, U., et al. (2022). Insomnia and related factors in patients with pre-existing psychiatric disorders compared to the general population during the COVID-19 lockdown: Findings from the multicentric COMET study. COMPREHENSIVE PSYCHIATRY, 118(October 2022) [10.1016/j.comppsych.2022.152345]. Detail
Appleton, J., Bekaert, S., Hucker, J., Zlatkute, G., Paavilainen, E., Schecke, H., et al. (2022). A Pan-European Review of Good Practices in Early Intervention Safeguarding Practice with Children, Young People and Families: Evidence Gathering to Inform a Multi-disciplinary Training Programme (the ERICA Project) in Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect in Seven European Countries. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL ON CHILD MALTREATMENT, 1-12 [10.1007/s42448-022-00132-x]. Detail
- Fondo per il finanziamento delle attività base di ricerca (FFABR), MIUR, 2017
- The European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA) 2017 scientific award, The European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA), 2017
- Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Academic-Year Scholarship, Rotary Foundation, 2003
- Castelli-Schubert Award from University of Milan for Family psychoeducational interventions in Schizophrenia, University of Milan, 1991
- Fellow - International Society Addiction Medicine, 2022
- Fellow - International Society of Addiction Medicine, 2016
- Direttore di rivista, collana editoriale, enciclopedia - , 2021
- Direttore di rivista, collana editoriale, enciclopedia - , 2012 - 2015
Research and teaching assignments
Ricercatore all estero - Research Fellow
Dept. Mental Health Sciences. UCL - Charles Bell House. 67-73 Riding House St. London. W1W 7EJ - University College London, 2004 - 2016
- Ricercatore all estero - Research Associate. Division of Psychiatry - University College London, 2016 - 2024
- Ricercatore universitario a t.d. - Università degli Studi di MILANO-BICOCCA, 2016 - 2019
- Program chair - The International Society of Addiction Medicine's (ISAM) 12th Annual Conference. Bridging the gap between science and practice in the addiction field, 2010