Coral Reef Restoration
Wednesday 24th of Febraury, 10:00 a.m.
Registration in not required ► Click here for Live Streaming
The University of Milano-Bicocca will become a partner of the Maldivian Government for coral restoration thanks to the frontline scientific expertise and development of pioneering research in the field of sustainability in the Maldivian archipelago. The project involves the development of collaborative research lines for the protection of the coral reef.
The agreement will be signed in live streaming at 10 am on 24 February with the Minister of Fisheries, Marine Resources and Agriculture of the Maldives, Zaha Waheed.
CorallaMiB will be launched during the event, a call for ideas open to students and aimed at identifying actions capable of reducing the anthropogenic impact on coral reefs.
- Giovanna Iannantuoni – Rector of the University of Milan-Bicocca
- Abdulla Shahid – Minister of Foreign Affairs , Republic of Maldives
- Dr. Ibrahim Hassan – Minister of Higher Education, Republic of Maldives
- Zaha Waheed – Minister of Fisheries, Marine Resources and Agriculture, Republic of Maldives
- Rita Giuliana Mannella – Italian Ambassador to Sri Lanka and the Maldives
- Fabrizio Sala – Councilor for Education, University, Research, Innovation and Simplification, Lombardy Region
- Anna Scavuzzo – Deputy Mayor of the Municipality of Milan
- Shafiya Naeem – Director of Marine Research Institute of Maldives
- Paolo Glisenti – General Commissioner of Italy at Expo 2020 Dubai
- Abdulla Waheed – Major of Faafu Magoodhoo Council
- Giorgia Marazzi – Honorary Consul of Italy in the Maldives
- Moderate Paolo Galli Director of the MaRHE Center, University of Milano-Bicocca