This Bachelor’s Degree in “Social Work” (Level of qualification: 1st cycle / 6 EQF level) course aims at training experts in Social Work.
During the three years, the following competences are acquired:
- Theoretical knowledge: theoretical understanding of principles and ethical assumption of social work, including a broad range of disciplines ranging from sociology to psychology, anthropology, law, and social policy theory.
- Methodological know-how: ability to employ methods and techniques for the prevention of critical situations and for the management of social work.
- Practical skills and aptitudes: collaborative conduct, in order to facilitate team work among professionals with different technical skills and coordination with local associations and services.
The course has a strong professional orientation. 130 students are admitted to the Laurea, selected on the basis of an admission test (80%) and of the mark obtained for their school leaving certificate (20%). The limited number of students ensures close supervision of individual training paths and the organization of lectures for small groups in order to promote the direct interaction between students and lecturers.
Thanks to the presence, among lecturers, of practitioners, teaching is constantly integrated with practical professional experience. This also ensures that course contents are regularly revised and always up to date.
Periods of practical training are foreseen, thanks to over 150 agreements stipulated between the Laurea and public and private bodies managing different types of social services in various Provinces of the Lombardy Region.
Individual trainings are monitored by a social worker within the hosting organization and the experience gained is discussed in class under the supervision of academic teaching staff. After having passed the public examination, the graduate in Social Work can be admitted to the National register and exercise the profession of social worker.