SCIENCE OF TOURISM AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
The Bachelor’s Degree in “Science of tourism and the local community” (Level of qualification: 1st cycle / 6 EQF level) offers interdisciplinary training in a number of areas. The Laurea, through a wide range of learning activities, specifically trains destination managers, capable of promoting towns, cultural heritage, natural parks and archaeological sites.
The Laurea program consists of three main areas:
- Territorial Studies and Local Development;
- Business,Economy and-Institutions;
- Cultural Heritage, Events and Arts;
and a fourth area focused on developing professional skills such as workshops and internship: Professional skills for the tourism labour market.
Internships and time spent abroad are essential features of the Degree program. Learning activities are enriched by practical activities such as: professional workshops, internships and practical classes aimed at developing essential skills that will be required for employment.
The Degree program offers various opportunities to study abroad: summer and winter schools (University of Milano-Bicocca Maldives outpost) and Erasmus exchange activities with more than 20 European Universities.
The Bachelor’s Degree in “Science of tourism and the local community” provides graduates with a solid background with regards to: all forms of tourism, such as ecotourism, cultural tourism, urban tourism; sustainable business practices marketing, management and planning skills and how to apply them to various fields within the Italian and international tourism industry; the valorization of the cultural and natural heritage; information technology and its applications in the field of tourism.
Graduates in Science of tourism and the local community:
- are capable of dealing with issues related to: destination management, tourism marketing, tourism destination planning. The Laurea program enhances the development of specific expertise needed to assist local authorities and private bodies in reinforcing their attractiveness for tourists;
- will develop careers as destination managers and incoming specialists able to operate in the private hospitality industry (hotels, travel agencies, restaurants, etc.), at various levels of the public administration (Regional, Provincial, Municipal) and in public-private institutions (consortia and agencies);
- have professional opportunities in a number of positions: from destination manager to food and beverage manager, from travel agent to tourist guide, from hotel manager to event organiser and manager, from e-commerce officer to social media specialist in a travel organisation.
The Degree program also allows students to acquire the fundamentals to undertake different postgraduate studies, especially those ones related to Tourism, Culture, Territorial Marketing and Local Development.
The duration of the Laurea program is three years.
This degree requires studies of at least 180 ECTS credits.
The planned admission number is 220 students.