FAQs about Coronavirus
Coronaviruses cause upper-respiratory tract illnesses and the current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. Currently Chinese authorities have already reported thousands of case of infection from different part of the country.
Coronaviruses are able to infect pets and other animals. Animal coronaviruses have emerged to infect people and can spread between people. This is suspected to have occurred for the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), two other examples of coronaviruses. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a betacoronaviruses genetically related to MERSV and SARsV, with their possible origins in bats (CDC source).
UPDATE 27/02/2020 08.15
No, it is not necessary to use the mask inside the University. The World Health Organization recommends wearing the mask only in case of symptoms such as coughing or sneezing and, therefore, if you are afraid of infecting other people and not to protect yourself.
To prevent the risk of infection with a new coronavirus, it is, however, a priority to take care of the hygiene of the hands and respiratory secretions.
UPDATE 10h March, 2020
Starting on Wednesday 11 March all the University buildings and parking are open until 18.00
- U6 building
- CNR, Building U9
The service of the U18 building in Vedano al Lambro (for the Monza Campus) is suspended from 12 March to 3 April
UPDATE March 9th, 2020
From Monday 2 March the lessons will start only in E-LEARNING mode.
Students will have access to materials, video lessons, streaming or digital content, through the specific course page normally used on the University's e-learning platform.
UPDATE 05th March, 2020 12:25
The final graduation test sessions scheduled for March 2020 may exceptionally be scheduled again until April 30, 2020 and will, in any case, refer to the academic year 2018/2019
Pursuant to the Rector's Decree dtd. March 20th 2020 n° 0019634/20, it is possible to have the experience carried out at the student's home in ways similar to smart-working where compatible with the educational needs of the same Degree Course. The evaluation will be carried out by the Degree Courses on the basis of the educational and professional objectives and the congruence with the educational path.
In the case of using the smart-working methods, it should be noted that it must primarily be activities with training objectives attributable to professional profiles that allow the experience to be carried out with this method.
- If at least 75% of the hours required to obtain the CFU have been carried out, the activity can be considered valid for the purposes of recognizing them. The activity may be interrupted and the closing documents required by the Degree Course will be inserted.
- If less than 75% of the hours required to obtain the ECTS have been carried out, the university tutor must request the student, in addition to the end of activity report, if provided, for an integration consisting of a written paper (e.g. term paper, project) which will be established by each Degree Course.
- If none of the previous solutions is feasible, it is possible to interrupt the internship or internship, considering that the training objectives are not achievable given the current situation and, if possible, reschedule the activities or suspend them for the period of epidemiological emergency and arrange resume the experience at the end of it.
The same conditions also apply to activities that do not require the recognition of CFU.
Pursuant to the Rector's Decree dtd. March 20th 2020 n° 0019634/20:
- It is possible to activate these training activities in smart-working (for example internal internships) where the reference teaching structure and the student can manage it and the objectives of the training project can be reached in this way. These activities and the methods of implementation and recognition will be disciplined at the discretion of the Study Program Councils / didactic coordination councils which will evaluate whether to carry out internship or internship actions in whole or in part.
- The courses of study will be able to evaluate specific interventions according to particular needs.
Pursuant to the Rector's Decree dtd. March 20th 2020 n° 0019634/20 the curricular laboratories can be carried out remotely where compatible with the educational needs of the Degree Course.
The evaluation will be carried out by the Degree Courses on the basis of the educational and professional objectives and the congruence with the educational path.
The Degree Courses are invited to evaluate all possible solutions to ensure the delivery of specific didactic activities, taking into consideration that it is necessary to provide, at best, for a limited physical presence of students at the University.
The Ministry of Health’s ordinance doesn’t mention the extracurricular traineeships.
UPDATE 10th March, 2020
All badge appointments set between 16/03/2020 and 03/04/2020 have been canceled automatically.
You can already set a new date with effect from 06/04/2020 through the link received in the convocation email or wait later.
Badges will be available for many months without penalty:
- notification email in 2019: until 30/06/2020;
- notification email in 2020: until 31/12/2020.
If the career was blocked due to the failure to collect the badge, a solution can be found with the operators of the University by writing to the e-mail address of the student services of the reference study course.
UPDATE March 8th , 2020
International mobility for outgoing students - departures 2nd semester A.Y. 2019/2020
Advice for students eligible for mobility programs Erasmus+, Erasmus+ Traineeship and Exchange EXTRA UE:
all activities are currently suspended.
At present, university administration does not interrupt the activities of the resident students and staff in the medical area. We recommend that all staff and residents working in hospitals to follow the operating instructions issued by the General Manager and Medical Directions of the hospital attended.
UPDATE March, 8th 2020
Yes. The professional activity carried out by the master's degree courses in the health area and by the single-cycle degree courses in Medicine and Surgery and Dentistry are suspended.
According to the host structure, we suggest to carry out part of the traineeship at the trainee's home, by assigning specific tasks relating to the traineeship (for example and non-exhaustive: analysis of clinical cases, videos, individual study, in-depth analysis of the literature). The corresponding hours and days can be assessed and certified in order to respect the constraints for the internship itself.
However, it is guaranteed:
- the possibility of carrying out the internship in structures subject to restrictive measures (universities, hospitals, ...) or in structures where they are eventually decided on a discretionary basis;
- the need to allow students currently enrolled to proceed their internships;
- the opportunity to keep the start and end dates of the internship and the possible effects of a possible suspension of the internship period stable in the various universities, also in the following semesters and to a different extent between trainees of the same semester;
- the possibility of identifying smartworking / agile work situations, as suggested by the Lombardy Region.
UPDATE 09th March, 2020
All events scheduled for March 2020 are canceled or postponed to a later date.